Abbey Preparatory Academy expects its students to have a goal of 100% attendance. Academic achievement is enhanced when students are present for instruction.
School Hours School begins at 8:00 a.m. All students arriving after 8:00 AM will be counted tardy. Students must be in attendance for four hours to be considered present for the day. School ends at 3:00 PM.
1. Students may arrive at Abbey Preparatory Academy as early as 7:45 AM.
2. Students will go directly to their classroom.
3. Students may eat breakfast they bring to school until 7:00 AM.-7:30 AM
4. Parents desiring to come in with their child may park and accompany their child into the school.
5. Please sign in and obtain a badge if planning to be in the building once school begins.
6. Students arriving after 8:00 AM must sign in at the School Office.
7. Students must be dropped off at the front entrance.
Tardy and Absences A student who is tardy is a disruptive to the class and prevent a student from receiving excellent academic instruction when he/she misses time being in the classroom The only acceptable excuse for tardiness is illness, weather or road conditions (including accidents) that make travel dangerous, or unusually slow. A student who has three tardy will constitute one absence.
1. When a student returns after an absence, he must bring a note from the parent stating the reason for the absence. Absences of three days duration or longer, due to an illness, need a doctor’s note to be excused.
2. Parents will be contacted in the event of excessive tardies or absences. More than eight absences in a semester will disqualify a student from receiving credit for that semester’s work.
3. State Law requires students to have no more than eight absences per semester. If a student exceeds this he may be required to attend Saturday School at a cost of $50.00 per Saturday. Saturday School will be held as needed and will be from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Students must bring a sack lunch.
4. Tardy to classes other than first period may be treated as a disciplinary problem.
1. Students are to be picked up between 3:00 PM and 3:30 PM unless they are participating in after school activities or the After Care Program.
2. Students who are not be picked up by 3:30 PM may be charged a $1.75 per minute after 3:30
3. Students who are not picked up by 3:30 PM will have to wait outside the school building. The school can neither supervise nor take any responsibility for their safety or behavior.
4. Students who drive or walk must bring a parental permission note to be placed in the student’s file.
Early Release When it is necessary for a student to leave school during the day, release of the student must be made through the School Office. Parents must come to the School Office and sign the student out.
School Closing Appropriate precautions will be taken in case of a severe weather warning. Students will be released to go home when parents arrive. Safety of our students is a major priority.
School closing because of severe weather will be announced over TV channel 11 from 6:30-8:30 AM. Abbey Preparatory Academy generally follows the decision of the Humble School District. If the Humble School District is closed because of inclement weather, Abbey Preparatory Academy will be closed also.
School Visitors All school visitors, including parents, must sign in at the office and obtain a visitor badge.