Statement of Faith
The following truths are held in common agreement by ABBEY Preparatory Academy:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God.
(II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (I Corinthians 15:3; I Peter 2:21-24; John 3:16)
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (Roman 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7)
- We believe that the full consummation of the Baptism of believers in the Holy Ghost is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service. (Acts 1:8, 2:4, 2:42-43, 10:44-46, 19:2,6; Matthew 3:11)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life; and that they are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:24, 28, 29)
- We believe in the deliverance from sickness provided for in the atonement, and that it is the privilege of all believers. (Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:16, 17; Mark 16:18; John 5:14; I Peter 2:24)
- We believe in the imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:16-18; Revelation 21:20)
This statement of faith defines the foundation of our educational ministry at ABBEY Preparatory Academy upon which we build the unity between home and school. While there will always be diversity within the framework of these foundational beliefs, we may choose to not enroll or to withdraw a student should he/she or his/her family hold contradictory beliefs and/or support a lifestyle at home that contradicts these scriptures and biblically based values.